Creativity lies in all of us, whether we choose to use it or not.
The talented and engaging Kayla Johnson, over at The First Twenty Rows, nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award. Thank you, Kayla! If you haven’t already, I’d definitely recommend you check out her posts on everything from her quirky family, to her faith and inspirations.
First things first, the rules of the Creative Blogger Award:
1. Thank the nominee
2. Share 5 facts about yourself
3. Nominate other blogs and notify them
4. Tell said nominees these rules
I’ll admit, I have decision-making issues and could ponder over which five things to post about myself, for eternity. But I refuse to leave anyone waiting, so here goes.
1. I’m an entertainment buff. If there were a celebrity/movie/tv trivia show nearby I would be an ideal contestant. My family members have learned not to bet against me when it comes to famous faces. I can recall a commercial actor’s supporting role in an 80’s B movie.
2. I have ridiculous food issues. My parents claimed I ate like a bird as a child, so I got to choose whatever I wanted to eat. I just so happened to prefer chocolate pudding to sandwiches and cereal to pot roast. I still have some work to do, but I’ve come a long way. I had never tried Chinese food until I met my husband. On one of our first dates, he took me to a Japanese steakhouse (I realize China and Japan are different countries, but I had never tried either cultures fare), and I didn’t want to look silly, so I just ate it. Much to my surprise, I liked it! He’s still introducing me to new foods almost a decade later.
3. I have zero interest in sports. Yes, I’m that mom at the soccer field that’s in another world until somebody gets kicked in the shin. I will cheer more in basketball, but that’s only because it’s obvious when my kid makes a basket (or is it touchdown, or goal, ha?!). Maybe it’s my lack of a hyper-competitive nature. I’m the one telling my kids to have fun, Daddy’s telling them how to win.
4. Writing a book was always on my bucket list. My grandma still has my childhood works, from comic books, to plays and short stories. I checked it off my list at the beginning of the year, hopped aboard the query train way too early, and have kicked myself in the pants ever since. I didn’t take enough time away from the story. I’ve learned so much in the last few months that I cringe when I read my earlier work. Live and learn, right?! I’m learning something new every single day!
5. My favorite place is the woods. I feel most at home there. The air, the trees, and the wildlife, all play their part in my love affair with the forest. Hiking is my favorite form of exercise, and I wait impatiently for warmer weather so that I can go. Fall was my favorite season, (The leaves turning! Sweatshirt weather! That warm and fuzzy feeling that Christmas is just around the corner!) until I discovered my love for morel hunting, another tree-centric activity, is only in the spring. Let’s just say, I’m hooked. It’s the adult equivalent of Easter egg hunting, but in my favorite place.
Well, there you have it, 5 facts about me. And it didn’t take me an entire day to decide what to pick! Maybe an hour or two, ha! I nominate these lovely bloggers because they rock their words: